The Colorado Genealogical Society (CGS) respects your privacy. Any personal information you provide in your Profile, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and personal preferences, has never and will never be released, sold, or rented to any third-party entities or individuals.
- Payment Details: CGS will never ask for credit card details when purchasing an item from any CGS store or event. CGS uses PayPal for online purchases exclusively and you will never be asked to enter credit card details as a means of verifying your identity or to login. All CGS stores have mail-in order forms available on the CGS website to download and make payments by check. Payments for items on sale at CGS events can be made in cash, by check, or by credit card through use of a Square Reader. No personal information will be stored after payments have cleared and this information will never be released, sold, or rented to any third-party entities or individuals.
- Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet: While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to CGS and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. Additionally, other internet sites or services that may be accessible through CGS have separate data and privacy practices that are independent of CGS policies and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
Personal and Noncommercial Use. The Website is for your personal and noncommercial use. As a condition to your continued use of the Website, you warrant to CGS that you will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions of use.
No Warranties. Use of the Website is at your own risk. This Website is provided to you “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement. The Colorado Genealogical Society makes no warranty that any content contained on this website satisfies any applicable government law, regulation, or requirement.
Neither CGS nor its officers, board members, employees, agents, third-party information providers, merchants, licensors, or the like warrant that the Website or its operation will be accurate, reliable, uninterrupted or error-free. No agent or representative has the authority to create any warranty regarding the Website on behalf of CGS. CGS reserves the right to change or discontinue at any time any aspect or feature of the Website.
Exclusion of Liability. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall CGS or anyone else involved in creating, producing, storing, or distributing the Website be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages and expenses whatsoever, including without limitation, lost profits and damages arising from lost data or business interruption, arising out of or in any way connected with use of the Website, delay or inability to use the website, or for any information, software, products or services obtained through the Website, whether such damages are based on contract tort, strict liability, or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such dames. You specifically agree that no licensor, supplier, or information provider to CGS or its affiliates, officers, directors, employees or agents, or any of their successors or assigns, shall have any liability to you for any reason or under theory whatsoever, based upon the information provided on or through the Website. Because some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, some or all the above limitation may not apply to you.
Featured Links and Advertisements. The Website may contain hyperlinks to websites offered by parties other than CGS. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference and convenience only. CGS does not control such other websites and is not responsible for their content; nor does CGS’ inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. Unless otherwise specifically stated on the Website, CGS does not endorse any product or service or make any representation regarding the reliability, quality, or accuracy of any products or services featured in, or linked to, any advertisement appearing on the Website.
You may not use this Website or content therein (including names and contact information for those who submit information) for any purpose other than your personal or professional client family history research, including, but not limited to, contacting individuals for purposes other than genealogical research, selling or promoting products or services, soliciting clients or any other commercial purpose.
You may not distribute such copies to others, whether for a charge or other consideration, without prior written permission from CGS or the copyright owner of the copied material. Requests to reproduce materials on the Website for distribution or other purposes should be mailed to:
Colorado Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 9218
Denver, CO 80209-0218
Trademarks. Trademarks appear on the Website with the permission from their respective owners. Your unauthorized use of trademarks appearing on the Website may constitute trademark infringement, which could subject you to substantial civil penalties.
Copyright Infringement. CGS will not tolerate copyright infringement of any kind. CGS does not, however, monitor user-submitted materials for copyright infringement. If you believe that any material on the Website infringes your copyright, you may request to have the material removed by sending CGS notice that includes all of the following information:
- Your full name, address and telephone number
- Your e-mail address
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you believe is being infringed
- Identification of the infringing material and information sufficient for CGS to locate the material
- Your statement of good faith belief that (a) the material infringes your copyright(s), (b) the under penalty of perjury, you are authorized to act for the copyright owner
- Your physical or electronic signature
Direct such notice to the CGS designated agent for receiving copyright infringement notices to the CGS address noted above. Upon receipt of notice complying with these requirements, CGS will act to remove infringing materials and, if applicable, send notice to the user that posted such materials on the Website.
If CGS removes materials posted by you as a user due to alleged copyright infringement, you may request to have the materials reinstated by notifying the CGS designated agent in writing and including the following information:
- Your full name, address, and telephone number
- Your e-mail address
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, including its location before it was removed or disabled
- Your statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled because of mistake or misidentification of the material
- Your statement consenting to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the district in which your physical address is located or, if you reside outside of the United States, for the District of Colorado (where CGS may be found), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notice of copyright infringement or from such person’s agent
- Your physical or electronic signature
Upon receipt of a notice meeting the above requirements, CGS will send a copy of the notice to the copyright owner who initially claimed copyright infringement. Within 10 to 14 days following receipt of the notice, CGS will replace or enable access to the removed material unless CGS receives notice from the copyright owner who submitted the first notification that it has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the user that posted the materials from engaging in infringing activity. Please note that parties who misrepresent that materials are infringing or were removed by mistake or misidentification are subject to substantial civil liability to CGS and/or the copyright owner or website user.
Forums. CGS may provide chat rooms, message boards, and other public posting areas or interest group forums (“Forums”) operating on the Website. If you use a Forum, you are solely responsible for your own communications and the consequences of posting those communications. CGS does not assume any responsibility for the consequences of any Forum communications on or arising from use of the Website. In cases where you feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger, you should contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
- Do not disrespect the privacy and views of others.
- Do not use the Forums for commercial purposes, including the promotion of any specific goods or services.
- Do not post obscene, profane, sexually explicit, libelous, slanderous, defamatory, harmful, threatening, illegal, or knowingly false information.
- Do not post blatant expressions of bigotry, racism or hate, or material encouraging conduct that may constitute or contribute to a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or violate any national, state, or local law, regulation, or authority, or any other material which CGS finds objectionable.
- Do not use the Forums for unlawful purposes.
- Do not impersonate another person.
- Do not allow any other person or entity to use your identification to post or view comments.
- Do not post material that infringes on the copyright or other intellectual property rights of others or the privacy and publicity rights of others.
CGS does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any of the material posted by Forum users or endorse any opinions expressed by such users. ANY RELIANCE UPON CONTENT POSTED IN A FORUM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
By posting messages or other material in any Forum areas of the Website, you are granting to CGS and its licensees a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display any posting by you (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed.
Jurisdiction. The website is controlled and operated by CGS from its principal location in the state of Colorado, United States of America. CGS makes no representation that materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable. The Website is not intended to subject CGS to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than the state of Colorado and the United States of America.
Contacting Us. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of the Website, or your dealings with CGS, you may contact us at:
Colorado Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 9218
Denver, CO 80209-02187