A Free Writing Group for Family Historians
Facilitator: Carol Darrow
Discuss narrative style and examples, transitions, pacing your story.
Write 500 more words about your ancestor (or continue on your current project).
Send to to Carol no later than midnight, Thursday, December 7, 2023.
Why We Write
“Writing up my findings and theories took a LOT of time but it also got me to notice things in the documents I had right under my nose. It also, as you said, got me to look into still more questions that came up and double-checking things.”
– Suzanne Morine
All meetings on Zoom until further notice
- Group is open to all beginners and more experienced writers who want to put their genealogy into a written document.
- Assignments for various levels of experience
- Opportunity to share your writing with the group as you wish.
- Shape your writing to the goal of the month.
- Be willing to share your writing and accept editing to create a better project.